Monday, November 4, 2013

Karanji | Sweet Coconut Empanadas


 I am so excited its Diwali, it is by far my most favorite of Indian festivals. I think it has to do with the extended celebrations of five days and the focus it has on various family relationships. There is a day assigned to celebrating your spouse, a day for your brother, a new years day and a day to celebrate, worship and welcome Lakshmi, the goddess of wealth. That pretty much covers all the important relationships, don't you think?


Diwali does represent the triump of good over evil , and that central theme of this holiday fills us all with hope that if we continue to be good human beings, at the end of the day, we will come out winners in life!



So, I wish you all a very Happy Diwali and a Happy New Year with your families, if you celebrate it.

I was eager to post this today, but I need more time to pull the recipe together. I will come back and update this post with the recipe in a day or so!

11 comments:

  1. Happy Diwali to you! It it so nice to see so many different cultures celebrated in the blog world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very happy Diwali to you Archana! The empanadas sound delicious. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to eat them all!!
    Happy Diwali (belatedly) to you and your family :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a bit late, but Happy Diwali to you and your family! Sweet coconut empanadas! That sounds so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is usually my MIL who dishes out the empanadas coz i find the whole process cumbersome but I LOVE eating them :-P Your coconut versions sounds delicious. Hoping you had a good time with your family and loved ones on Diwali.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Diwali to you too. I miss India the most during Diwali. I need to eat each and every one of the karanjis pictured here :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These sweet coconut empanadas look great - happy Diwali - so looking forward to this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you had a great Diwali Archana. The karanji looks so good and colorful.
    Have a great week dear.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was looking for sweet empanadas recipe and stumble upon your blog! Love your blog and recipes, I am looking forward to empanadas recipe:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you had a great Diwali ! It's such a special and meaningful time of the year (and incredibly busy!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like you had a wonderful, Diwali!! Love coconut empanadas. In fact, love coconut in everything!!

    ReplyDelete