Ever since I made this grilled corn salad, I've been thinking of making tacos to go with it. Yes, that's backwards. But like most foodies (yes, you!) if you think of making something or trying out a new recipe, you can't rest until you've done it.
I wanted to try two things, the corn salad on a taco and making chipotle mayo to go with the tacos.
Having just devoured the tacos, I can confirm, both those things pair really well! I don't think that is news, since I've had corn tamales with chipotle mayo and those taste awesome. (someday I want to try tamales too, but I'm put off by how much work they seem)
This taco is a slight departure from the regular ones since there is no salsa, infact no tomato at all and no guacamole. I suppose you could add guac, but skip the tomato in any form.
The flavors are very fresh and light, and the chipotle mayo really adds something very different. I also like how portable these tacos are!!!
- 1 can black beans
- 1-2 tbsp Olive oil
- 4-5 Taco Shells (you could use soft tacos too, I wanted to try both but didnt have any on hand)
- 1 cup chopped Romaine Lettuce
- Shredded Cheese (I used white cheddar but you could also use the mexican blend)
- This Grilled Corn Salad
- 2 Chipotle in Adobo
- 1/2 cup Mayonaisse
- For the chipotle mayo, combine the chipotle peppers and mayo,mix well.
- Drain the beans in a colander and run cold water on them until the water runs clear
- In a pan, heat some olive oil and add the drained beans and salt and pepper. Let the beans soften a little so you can mash them partially.
- Warm the hard taco shells in the microwave for 1 min, let the tacos cool so they crisp up before filling them in.
- Add the bean mix to the taco shells, add corn salad and the chipotle mayo.
- Top with lettuce and cheese.
- Optionally, you can also add guacamole and jalapeno peppers