If you use a pressure cooker, your lentil cooking time will be about 10 mins. See the recipe for details.
- Puy Lentils (1 or 1 1/2 cup cooked lentils)
- 1/2 Red Onion
- 1/4 small Red Cabbage (or more, depending on how much bulk you want to add to the salad)
- 1/2 English Cucumber
- Handful Coriander or Parsley
- 1/4 Tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Coriander Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Cumin Powder
- 1/2 Lemon Juice
- 3-4 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 5-6 Fresh Sage leaves (optional)
- If cooking lentils on stove top, wash lentils and cover them in twice as much water, add sage leaves if using. ( I have a sage plant in my herb garden, its the only reason I use it. I never buy sage at the supermarket, so please skip it if you dont have any)
- Add 1 tbsp Olive Oil and cover the lentils and cook them on medium high heat. Check after 20 mins to ensure there is still enough water to cook the lentils.Otherwise add water. The lentils have another 10-20 mins of cooking to go, depending on the quantity you are cooking.
*Note: Do *not* add salt to the lentils while they are cooking. Salt interferes with the cooking process and leaves lentils hard.