Its only Tuesday. The week already feels like too much work.I've grown to appreciate routines but I don't enjoy them much. They do make life seem so mundane. I'd rather be true to the free spirit I am. Life however, doesn't lend itself to that. Especially when you make choices such as a career in Corporate America, a mortgage and a bad shopping habit that requires that job in Coporate America. So, for now I am slave to this 5 day work week/2 day weekend structure.
Unless I move to France where the structure is likely to change to a 4 day work week. Did you know Americans take the least amount of vacation? I need a vacation, its been too long since I took one.
If I sound incoherent, its because its only Tuesday, and I want it to be Thursday.
This balsamic mushroom sandwich is a quick and easy lunch on days when you need to pull something together quickly.
Its bursting with flavor from the balsamic and garlic and pesto and feta!
- 1 8 oz white Mushrooms (I used pre-sliced)
- 1-2 cloves Garlic crushed
- 1/4 cup good balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp Pesto (fresh or store bought)
- 2 oz crumbled Feta Cheese
- Salad greens
- Ciabatta bread
- 2-3 tbsp Olive Oil
- In a pan, head 2 tbsp of Olive oil and add crushed garlic.
- Roughly chop the sliced mushrooms into smaller pieces and add to the pan.
- Saute for 1 min and then add balsamic vinegar
- Turn heat to medium and let the balsamic vinegar reduce. As it reduces in the pan, its cooking the mushrooms.
- When the vinegar has full cooked off, turn the heat off and add salt and pepper
- In a seperate bowl, mix Pesto and Feta cheese well.
- Cut Ciabatta in the center, drizzle with olive oil and place on a hot grill pan or a griddle and grill till you get nice brown marks.
- Cool the bread and then spread the Feta/Pesto mix, add the mushrooms and top it with salad greens.
How's your week treating you?