Friday evenings made easy with some salsa and chips. This was perfect for munching on a summer evening while I hung out with my 2 year old in our backyard.
I had been toying with a lot of ideas for using mango in some other way - while I thought about it (for days) the mangoes had ripened (time and tide wait for no-one people!).
Earlier I was reading some of my usual/favorite blogs and came across a debate about what a blog should offer. One argument was that you should be doing something different to stand out, and be innovative in order to be succesful at blogging. Its true in some respect. Its a way to set yourself apart. But blogging/cooking/posting for that sole purpose, ie to be different, is a little superficial in my mind.
I wanted to do something different with mango, but then today I just felt like a nice refreshing salsa with chips and an evening of monkeying around with my toddler. It makes me happy and that's all that matters.
Why do you blog?
- 1 ripe but firm Mango
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1/4 red onion
- 1 cup of chopped parsley (I used curly but any kind will do)
- 2/3 slices of pickled jalapenos chopped (optional)
- Squeeze of lime juice (not lemon, if possible)
- Salt and Pepper
- Chop mango, red bell pepper, red onion, parsley and jalapeno, if using. Toss together in a bowl, add salt,pepper and a squeeze of lime juice.
- Let stand for 10-15 mins. Grab a bag of chips (no portion out in a bowl!) and enjoy your salsa and all your loved ones.
Its the weekend, I hope you all are as excited as I am.