Its no news that I love food, but when good food is easy to put together, I get excited and giddy!
That's because the distance between my mouth and good food is short! My most favorite part about food is eating it (D'oh!)! Hear me out. Unlike others who love to feed others, I'm only thinking about the gratification that comes with taking that first bite of something I've been thinking about all day!
After that, I want everyone else to eat what I've made and I want to see whose reaction matches mine, and whose doesn't. Then I decide who is a true foodie and who doesn't get it. I am the benchmark for good food - self proclaimed. Totally not true.
Besides the gorgeous colors on this crostini, the flavors are just awesome too. And I'm not even a green peas person. I eat them, and I tell my 2 year old that he has to eat his peas, but who am I kidding, I avoid them and fish them out of my meals when he isn't looking.
I first ate this crostini at a new year's party and when I heard it was green peas, I was going to give it a pass. But I suppose I was being polite,and I ate one when I was offered, and was I pleasantly surprised. I actually loved it. I don't say that about anything that has peas in it. Ever. This party was many years ago, and I hadn't recreated that recipe until now. It tasted just as nice as the last time.
- Ciabatta bread - day old
- 1/2 pack of frozen Peas - thawed
- 1 clove Garlic
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese - grated
- 2-3 Cherry tomatoes
- 3 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil, more for grilling bread.
- Salt & Pepper
- In the small attachment of the blender, place peas, garlic and parmesan and blend till coarsely mixed.
(note: the garlic taste is pretty sharp in this, so if you are not a garlic person, add only half a clove)
- Add salt, pepper to taste and the olive oil.
- Pulse through the blender again to mix everything well.
- Cut Ciabatta bread into 1/2 inch slices and brush with olive oil.
- Heat a grill pan or a regular pan on high and grill the slices of bread until dark brown marks appear.
- Cool the slices of bread and then top with the peas mix.
- Top with halved cherry tomatoes.
This is also a great recipe for entertaining a crowd. The Pea Pesto takes no time to make and you can grill a large batch of bread in the oven at 350 for 5-8 mins.